Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry extends Windows 8.1 to a range of industry devices across retail, manufacturing, health and any other industries in which powerful line-of-business applications and the ability to perform a specialized function in a secure and reliable way is paramount. With this update, Windows Embedded brings the latest Windows 8.1 innovations in security, management, and user experience to our partners. In addition to the full capabilities of Windows 8.1, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry offers the flexibility and enhanced lockdown capabilities needed to power industry devices.
|One trusted platform||Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry is a full Windows platform solution based on Windows 8.1 that provides essential capabilities for devices in retail, manufacturing, health and banking, and enables those industry devices as part of an intelligent system solution to span the entire spectrum of Microsoft technologies. Solutions built on Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry help enterprises transform the business through new forms of data, insight and analysis through a consistent, connected Microsoft architecture, from the device layer to back-end software and services.|
|Meet your needs||Leverage speed and efficiency in operations. Engage employees with new user interfaces that are more natural and human. Empower customers to easily interact with displays and other devices. And capture every interaction for thoughtful analysis on the back end. Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry brings the power of Windows 8.1 to industry devices, supporting new kinds of experiences that delight users and create value for enterprise organizations through touch and gesture input that naturally bridge touch and desktop.
Capitalize on your existing IT investment by integrating your new Windows Embedded-powered devices with your other Microsoft assets, such as Windows-powered PCs and servers. Management of your intelligent system is streamlined because your devices work smoothly with your existing Microsoft technology. And with Volume Licensing features, you can tailor functionality to your unique businesses needs and deliver a targeted and consistent device experience to your customers and employees.
|Extend business intelligence||Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry-based devices extend the power of Microsoft technologies to the very edge of the corporate network. Now every interaction among customers, employees, inventory and services can be captured, measured and analyzed to extend business intelligence and create new streams of data, information and insight. By connecting common industry devices, enterprise applications and cloud services into an organization-wide intelligent system , companies can build more accurate forecasts, develop dynamic pricing models, better understand their customers, offer targeted promotions and increase efficiency by realizing new value from devices deployed in the field and back office business systems. Further, connectivity to on-premise and cloud-based IT assets allows enterprise users to access business-critical information at the point where it’s needed most.|
- Take advantage of Full Windows 8.1 to provide a high degree of cross-platform application compatibility
- Run your existing Windows line of business applications or create a new experience with Windows 8 style apps
- Deliver an immersive, natural user experience with multi-touch and Kinect for Windows
- Easily implement retail peripherals with built-in plug and play capabilities
- Improve mobility and access with new power management and wireless technologies
- Access IT systems and the cloud to keep devices connected to the information that matters most
- Use the enhanced security technologies to protect your device, data and network
- Reduce custom development with advanced lockdown features and secure your device from unintended interactions
- Build and deploy industry devices through streamlined OS installation experience
- Manage the device alongside PCs and Servers with Microsoft System Center
|Processor||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
>> More Details
|RAM||1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)|
|Hard disk space||16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)|
|Graphics card||Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver|
- Automated manufacturing
- Digital signage
- Thin client